That blue verification tick next to your name on social media accounts can often look like a symbol of royalty. Something about being verified on social media lends itself to prestige and importance, especially since verification can play a crucial role in public accountability and attributes an account to trustworthiness, the thing real .
TikTok has its own verification badge, but unlike other social media platforms, it’s not that easy to find. Here’s what you need to know to get verified on TikTok.
Who can be verified on TikTok
Unlike Twitter and Instagram, which offer a verification application to those working in certain fields or with a certain level of public recognition, the verification process on TikTok is somewhat difficult as it cannot be initiated by the user. The TikTok administrator is the body that controls the distribution of verification badges.
The main requirement for verification is a large following, which celebrities, public figures, media companies and famous brands will automatically have.
How to be verified on TikTok
If you want to get verified as a creator (assuming you’re not a celebrity), you’ll need more than a large amount of followers. You should be an active user who posts regularly and receives substantial engagement from followers, including likes and comments. You will also need to make sure that you follow the rules on TikTok and that you don’t violate any of the company’s guidelines.
Tips for getting verified on TikTok
- Gain a large following by consistently posting high-quality and engaging content.
- Maintain a steady, daily increase in followers.
- It constantly goes viral.
- Jump right into trends and challenges.
- Get media coverage if possible.
- Use popular and trending hashtags.
- Interact with other users in comments on the content of other verified TikTokers.
- Follow other users you admire (and hope to get a following!)
- Request verification on other social media platforms and connect to your TikTok account.
Unfortunately, even if you meet these requirements, it is not possible to let TikTok know that you wish to receive verification. There is also no established number of followers that guarantees verification. The best you can do is follow these guidelines and keep creating great and fun content, and most importantly, have fun.