One of the first rules of Internet security is that “the Internet never forgets”. And while it can certainly be difficult to remove something once it’s loaded, some apps are designed to be temporary.
Last year, the hugely popular WhatsApp chat service introduced disappearing messages. This is a special type of message that only lasts for a certain period of time: once that time limit has elapsed, the message deletes itself.
If you want to send a temporary message to someone without a trace, try disappearing messages. They are available for WhatsApp users on Android, iPhone, Mac and PC .
How to use disappearing messages in WhatsApp
You can set the duration of disappearing messages for one day, seven days, or 90 days.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone or computer and start a chat with someone or open an existing chat conversation.
2. At the top of the screen, click or tap the name or phone number of the person you are chatting with.
3. Scroll down and select Missing messages .
4. Choose how long you want your messages to last. you can choose 24 hours , 7 days or 90 days .
5. Tap the arrow in the top left corner to save your choice.
After enabling Disappearing Messages, WhatsApp will notify all chat members about the change.
If you want to turn off disappearing messages, repeat the steps but select Deactivate instead of a time limit.