Google accounts are tightly integrated into Android devices. Thankfully, if you have personal and work accounts, it’s easy to add multiple Google accounts to your Android smartphone or tablet.
You probably already have a Google account added to your Android device, the account you used when setting up your phone. If you have a Google account via work, you can add it and also access your work emails, documents and files. Here’s how to do it.
- First, on your Android phone or tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen (once or twice, depending on your device manufacturer) and tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
- Next, scroll down and select the “Account” section.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “Add Account” under all existing accounts.
- Here you will see all the apps on your device that can add accounts. What we want is “Google”.
- The first thing you will be asked to do is verify that it is you. This is to protect you from other people’s possible attempts to add accounts on your device. Enter the lock screen security method (PIN, password, pattern, fingerprint sensor) used to lock the device.
- Then, type your Google account email address or phone number in the text box and tap “Next”. You can also create an account from this screen by selecting “Create Account”.
- Enter your password in the text box and tap “Next”. If you have enabled the two-factor authenticationyou will have an additional security step after the password.
- That’s all. You can repeat this process for all the Google accounts you want to add.
- If you want to remove an account, simply go back to Settings> Accounts and select the Google account from the list. Tap the “Remove Account” button.
Are you done! You will now be able to log into this account through all your Google apps