Instagram allows you to tag someone else in your posts and stories so that others can know who is in the photo. The same can be used by annoying someone to spam your profile with unnecessary notifications about inappropriate or irrelevant posts. If you are already tired of removing tags from unnecessary posts, there is a way to pin them all at once. Yes, you can prevent others from tagging you on Instagram posts and stories.
Let’s find out how to block tags on Instagram posts and stories.
Can you block tags on Instagram?
Like anyone can tag you on their posts, Instagram allows you to remove yourself from their post if you think they’ve tagged you as spam. Tagging doesn’t just happen with photos. Some people may even @mention you in random posts, comments, and stories. If someone is spamming you with unwanted @mentions, you can block them too. You will learn how to do all of this here. Go on.
How to remove the tag from an Instagram post
See a post where someone tagged you but have no idea who that person is or what that post means to you? You can go ahead and remove the tag from the particular Instagram post. For what,
open your Instagram account, go to your profile and select the tag tab (rightmost tab).
There you will see all the posts you have been tagged in. Select one and tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
Touch ” Tag options ”From the pop-up menu.
To remove the tag from the post, select ” Remove me from the post “. In case you want to keep the tag but remove the post from appearing in your profile, select ” Hide from my profile “.
Once removed from an Instagram post, you can no longer tag yourself again if you wish. To be tagged again in the same post, you should ask the other person to tag you.
Remove multiple tagged photos at once
I bet you can already find more than a dozen posts where you’ve been tagged just for attention. If you really hate them, Instagram has a shortcut to remove tags for all of these posts at once. Let’s see how.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Tap the three-line menu in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go up Privacy from Settings.
- Scroll down and select ” Post “.
- In “Posts with tag” select ” Manually approve tags “.
- On the next screen, tap the option ” Edit ”Next to“ Tagged posts ”.
- Select the posts you want to remove from.
- Touch ” Remove ”Below and confirm to remove the tag for the selected posts.
Block tags on Instagram posts
Now that you’ve removed yourself from other people’s posts, you should make sure that you limit post tags to people you really know. For this, you can block all tags on your Instagram account.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap the menu icon and select ” Settings “.
- Go to Settings privacy .
- Select the option Post .
- Under the title “Allow tags from”, choose ” People you follow ” or ” Nobody ”To prevent others from tagging you in random posts.
Once you set the authorization tags to “People You Follow”, only the profile you follow (who follows, not followers) can tag you in their posts. To prevent everyone from tagging you, set it to “None” and you will be free from any headaches.
Block @mentions on comments and stories
Are you bothered by people mentioning you in random comments and their stories? Here’s how you can limit @mentions so that no one can spam you with stories and comments.
- From your Instagram account, go to Settings .
- Select Privacy .
- Go to menu ” Comments “.
- In ” Allow @mentions from “, Select one of the options according to your preferences.