PlayStation Now is Sony’s cloud gaming subscription service that allows its members to stream PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 games on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC. Those with an active subscription have access to more than 800 classic PlayStation games.
PlayStation Now is slightly different from PlayStation Plus, another subscription service from Sony. PlayStation Plus offers fewer games but early access to new games, demos and betas, as well as discounts in the PlayStation Store.
If you are looking to cancel your PlayStation Now membership, you can do it in a number of ways. Here’s what you need to know.
How to cancel PlayStation Now
There are several ways to cancel a PlayStation Now subscription: on a web browser, on the PlayStation app, and on your console.
On a web browser:
1. Log in to your Sony account . Go to the page Account management .
2. Click on the tab Subscription .
3. Click Turn off automatic renewal next to PlayStation Now.
On a PS4 console:
1. Go to Settings .
2. To select Account management .
3. On the Account Management page, select Account information.
4. Scroll down and select PlayStation subscriptions .
5. Select PlayStation Now so Turn off automatic renewal .
On a PS5 console:
1. Pass to Settings then select Users and accounts .
2. To select Account , Payment and subscriptions so Subscriptions .
3. Select PlayStation Now so Turn off automatic renewal .
On the mobile app:
2. Go to the PlayStation Store tab by tapping the PlayStation Store icon . Touch the smiley face icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Touch Subscription management .
4. Next to PlayStation Now, tap Turn off automatic renewal .
What happens when you cancel your PS Now subscription
Similar to when you cancel a PlayStation Plus subscription, after canceling your PlayStation Now subscription you will still have access to PS Now games until the end date of your paid subscription. For example, if you previously paid until the end of the month and canceled on the 15th, you should still have a few weeks of play before your subscription officially expires and you lose all benefits.
After your PS Now subscription ends (when PlayStation doesn’t receive payment when it expires), you will lose access to all PS Now games unless you purchase them separately or reactivate your subscription.