When it comes to collaborating with others remotely, Dropbox can be extremely helpful.
But you won’t be very far in sharing documents and folders via the cloud storage app if you can’t remember your password or get locked out of your account.
If you remember your password, but suddenly feel your account security has been compromised, Dropbox offers two ways to change your password.
Here’s how you can change your Dropbox password from a web browser with or without the password handy.
How to change your Dropbox password if you don’t know the password
1. Go to Dropbox login landing page in a web browser.
2. Click on “Forgot your password?” link.
3. Enter the email associated with your Dropbox account and press “Send”.
4. Open your email.
strong> 5. Find the “Reset Dropbox password” email in your inbox.
6. Click on the blue “Reset password” box.
7. Enter a new password twice before clicking “Submit”.
How to change your Dropbox password if you can log in with your current password
1. Log into your account on Dropbox.com .
2. In the upper right corner of the Dropbox dashboard, click your account icon.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Click on “Security” at the top of the screen.
5. Next to “Password”, click “Change password”.
6. Enter the new password twice.
Click “Change Password” to confirm.