On TikTok, you have two ways to represent yourself: with your videos and with your profile picture. Your profile picture appears on every video you post, as well as on your profile page, of course.
Like most apps, you can change your profile icon whenever you want. But TikTok gives you even more options when it comes to changing your icon: it lets you have a profile picture or a video of profile .
And if you see a profile picture on someone else’s profile that you really like, there’s an easy way to download it for yourself.
How to change your profile picture on TikTok
When you change your photo, you can choose a photo you saved or take a new one. So, if you want to upload a saved image, make sure you have saved it in advance.
1. Open TikTok and go to your profile by tapping the option Profile in the lower right corner.
2. Tap the option Edit profile .
3. Select Change picture or Change video , depending on what you want. If you are changing the photo, you can select an image you have saved or take a new one; if you are adding a video, you need to choose one that you have already saved.
4. Once you’ve chosen your new icon, cut it out, then press Save .
Your new photo or video will be uploaded and will immediately appear on your profile. You can repeat these steps each time you want to edit your profile photo or video again.
Note that if you uploaded both an image and a video, the video will always be what appears as your profile icon. If you want people to see the image instead, go back to the menu Edit profile and tap your video, then select Remove video .
How to download someone else’s TikTok profile picture
If you see a profile picture on TikTok that you want to see (and save) the full version of, it’s easy to download. Note that this way you can only save still profile images, not videos.
1. In the TikTok app, go to the profile page of the user whose profile picture you want to save.
2. Tap your profile picture to view the sharing menu, then select Copy link .
3. This will copy a direct link to their profile on your phone. Get that link on your computer – the easiest way to do this is to email it to yourself.
4. On your computer, open that link in a web browser.
5. Right-click the user’s profile picture and select Open image in new tab (or a similar option, depending on your browser).
A full resolution version of the profile picture will open in a new tab. You can now right-click and save it as any other image.