Widgets are small pop-ups that give you information or allow you to access your favorite apps without having to open them. Your phone in particular comes preloaded with widgets for the weather, your photos and more. And as you install new apps, the list of your widgets gets bigger and bigger.
Spotify now offers widgets for both iPhone and Android. What the widget does on both devices is slightly different, but both are just as simple to install.
Here’s how to get the Spotify widget on your phone home screen and quickly access all your favorite songs.
How to get Spotify widget on iPhone
It also works on iPad.
1. Press and hold your finger on an empty space on your iPhone home screen or on the dedicated widget page on the far left.
2. When everything starts shaking, tap the plus sign that appears in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the long list of all apps offering a widget and select Spotify .
4. Choose the widget size (it can be a small square or a long rectangle), then tap Add widget .
5. The Spotify widget will appear on the page you have chosen. Touch and hold to drag it and move it to the desired spot.
6. Once placed, tap end in the upper right corner.
Depending on the size you have chosen, your iPhone’s Spotify widget displays the latest playlist or album you have listened to or the last ones five albums and playlists. Tap any of them to launch Spotify and jump to that playlist or album directly.
If you want to move or delete the widget later, just hold your finger on it like any app.
How to get the Spotify widget on Android
1. Press and hold your finger on an empty space on your Android home screen, then tap Widget when the option is displayed.
2. It will appear the Widget menu. Scroll down and select Spotify .
3. It will offer you a “4 x 1” widget. Touch and hold your finger on this widget, then drag and drop it where you want it.
Once you release the widget, it will transform to show whatever song you are currently playing. You can then use its controls to play, pause, fast forward and rewind your music. You can also tap on the song name to launch Spotify and jump directly to the album or playlist you are listening to it from.
If you want to move or delete the widget later, just tap and hold your finger on it like any app.