It’s nice that Instagram Stories are temporary… as long as you don’t want them to be permanent.
Let us introduce you to Instagram Highlights, which allow you to take content from your Insta Story or archive and place it in its little “Highlight” section on your profile.
Did something significant happen that you captured in your story? To get engaged? Starting a new job? Going to a concert? If it’s in your Story, you can turn it into a Highlight to review when you go to your profile. Here’s how to make one.
There are several ways you can start, but before you get there, the first thing you need is an Instagram story from which to get your highlight . Once you have it, you can access several ways to turn it into a highlight.
1. Go to your profile page and, under “Story Highlights”, tap the “+” button to add a Highlight.
Go to your profile page and press the “+” button in the top right corner. Then tap “Highlight Story”.
Both options will take you to this screen:
2. Select the piece or pieces of your story that you want to make a highlight and tap “Next”.
3. Edit your cover if you wish. Give your Highlight a title and tap “Add”.
4. Your highlight will now appear on your Instagram profile.
You can also create a Highlight directly from your Story:
1. Go to your Instagram story.
2. When you get to the frame you want to highlight, tap “Highlight” at the bottom right.
3. You can create a new highlight with it or add it to another highlight.
4. If you create a new highlight, give it a title and tap “Add”.
5. If you want to add it to another highlight, tap the highlight you want to add it to and that’s it! That frame will play right after the first frame in your highlight.
You can view your Highlight Collection under your name and bio on your profile page.
Another way to create a highlight is to access your story archive.
1. Go to your profile page and tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
2. Tap “Archive” in the menu that appears.
3. Tap a frame from your Archive that you want to turn into a Highlight.
4. See above “create a highlight straight from your story” and repeat steps 2 to 5.
And that’s how the Highlights are performed. Find a special moment on your Instagram story (or in your archive) and highlight it on your profile for you and your friends to look back on. Happy highlighting!