Windows 10 includes Windows Defender, built-in antivirus software that is a first line of defense against malware infections. It scans your PC in real time for malicious software and is automatically disabled after installing antivirus software on your system.
Are you interested in learning how to disable Windows Defender? There are two ways to do this, one will temporarily disable Windows Defender Windows 10 and the other will disable it
How to temporarily disable Windows Defender?
- To temporarily disable Windows Defender, go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Windows Defender . Move the switch below Real-time protection up Off .
How to permanently disable Windows Defender?
- Right-click on the menu Start > Run . Type: regedit
- Then, open the editor of the Registry doing click up OK .
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender .
- click on Edit > New one > Dword value (32 bit) . Rename the new item as DisableAntiSpyware and set its value to 1 to disable Windows Defender on your system:
- Save your settings and close the editor of the Registry .
- If you ever try to activate Windows Defender on your system, the following message will appear:
- You can reactivate Windows Defender by setting the value of DisableAntiSpyware up 0 .