Although WhatsApp has taken steps for some time and inserted a function to prevent someone from forcing us into a group without asking our permission, with this new era of mass telework, it may be necessary to give up and join one or more work groups.
And if for whatever reason you want to keep your name hidden from other members you don’t know see, the problem is that WhatsApp doesn’t offer you options for that.
Hide your name blank on WhatsApp
Each WhatsApp user has a name written on their profile. And if you try to make it appear empty by deleting what’s there, WhatsApp forces you not to leave that empty space. Yes, you can just put a period, a dash or a comma, the app will accept it.
But to make it better, so that when you talk to someone a completely blank space appears on the message, do this:
Method 1: on mobile by opening a link
- Open this link . On the web that appears, it will show you the Unicode character U + 2800
- Do you see the empty square inside the rectangle? Press and hold your finger on one side only on the outside of the square until the empty space inside the square appears selected. And hit the Copy tool that just appeared.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile
- Go in the upper right corner and click on the three vertical dots icon
- Find Settings and April
- Tap yours profile picture
- In the section Profile as soon as it opens, touch below the photo where it says Name
- The edit menu will open. Press and hold on the name you have in WhatsApp and which is highlighted, or delete it and press and hold on the empty space for the text.
- Press Copy . With this you will copy that blank space of the Unicode character you copied.
- Accept the change and that’s it: the your name will appear blank in all your chats.
Method 2: on WhatsApp web and mobile by copying an empty space
Easier and that does not require opening websites, it comes down to copy a white space formed between characters such as the one that appears in the center of the quotation marks that we put below:
As you can see, between the two characters in the inner zone there is an empty spot right in the center. Enough select it with the mouse -or keep it pressed on the mobile phone screen-, then give the command ‘Copy’ to transfer it to the clipboard.
- Open WhatsApp Web and go to your profile picture located to the left of the interface
- Click on it and go to the namespace
- Click on the pencil to change it
- Delete your name and paste the blank you copied before – right mouse button> Paste.
- Save your changes and that’s it.