LinkedIn is a useful resource for professionals to connect with colleagues, business associates, and potential employers. The site basically allows you to create a publicly accessible resume that highlights your best work and can help you accelerate your job search and career.
LinkedIn also makes it easy to find your unique profile URL so you can share it with other people, include it in job applications, or add it to your personal website.
You can easily find your LinkedIn URL from your profile page, and you can even change it if you’re not satisfied or want something more recognizable – here’s how.
How to find your LinkedIn URL?
1. Go to LinkedIn website and log in with your username and password.
2. In the toolbar at the top of the home screen, click the button the below your profile photo to open a drop-down menu of options.
3. click on View profile to access your profile page.
4. Once the profile is loaded, look at the URL bar at the top of the web browser. The URL is your LinkedIn URL.
How to change the LinkedIn URL?
You can also change your URL, which LinkedIn automatically generates based on your name, to whatever you want it to be – here’s how.
1. From the LinkedIn site home page, go to your profile page by clicking the button the at the top right and selecting View profile in the drop-down menu.
2. On the right side of your profile page, click Edit public profile and URL . This will launch a new tab.
3. On the right side of the new page, you will see your current URL listed in Edit your custom URL .
4. Next to the current URL, click the icon Edit which looks like a pencil.
5. Type a new URL in the box and do click up Save to confirm the changes. LinkedIn will notify you if your selected handle is not available or if you need to choose a new one. When your new URL is confirmed, LinkedIn will display a message saying it.