While it appears that it is no longer possible to completely remove Google search suggestions, there are two ways that will allow you to restrict them. In the first section you will find the general method for removing suggestions from your browser. If it no longer works on your device, we recommend that you refer to the second section which explains how to disable Google’s autocomplete feature with trending searches.
How to get rid of search suggestions on Android?
To disable the URL search and suggestion feature of the Android web browser, follow the steps below:
- Open the web browser app.
- Tap the Menu key, go up Settings, then select Privacy .
- Deselect ” Search and suggest URL “.
How to disable auto-complete with trend search function?
- Open yours Google app.
- Go up Other (the three dots icon).
- From there, select Settings .
- Touch General .
- Uncheck the Autocomplete box with trending searches .