Remember a year ago the filter of Sasha Dog, the sad dog that swept Instagram in 2019? What about the anime filter that hit TikTok last summer? Well, in the last hours / days another filter has gone viral. A filter called Cartoonify ‘also from TikTok that allows you to do what you’ve surely seen in YouTube and Twitter videos: Animate objects by adding arms and legs.
TikTok Cartoonify filter
Cartoonify is a new filter very easy to use. The application implements a face, arms and legs on any object you point with your mobile phone camera and also allows the object to move, animating it as if it were a cartoon or ‘cartoon’.
How to get the Cartoonify filter:
- First open the TikTok app – it must be the latest version on Android or iOS
- Select the “+” icon to create a new video
- So, click on “Effects” on the left side of the camera button and select “Trends” (magnifying glass icon)
- Now you will have to look for trending effects until you find an icon showing a cartoon face on a tan background: Cartoonify
- Click on that filter
- Once the Cartoonify filter is selected, choose the object you want to animate with the button “Select” releasing the button when the desired object is in the frame.
- Once the object has been animated, you can select it to drag or rotate it
- You can animate multiple objects simultaneously with the filter so that cups and plates can finally converse with each other.
What if you can’t find the Cartoonify filter?
Although the filter is in vogue in much of the world, there are some places where users have a hard time finding it via search. The filter may not be available worldwide yet, but there are also users in countries like the United States who have a hard time finding it.
It is also possible that the filter has only been implemented in specific regions, but no indication has been given as to whether TikTok plans to extend the availability of the filter.