The iPhone’s vibrate feature is one of the best ways to get notifications when the device is in silent mode or just to add an extra element to grab your attention when you get a call, message or email.
Fortunately, you can also use this feature on your Apple Watch with a few quick settings tweaks.
While Apple Watch offers a small amount of haptic feedback by default, you can increase the intensity of those vibrations through your device’s Settings app.
Doing this is quick and easy and will ensure you never miss an important notification even when you’re not looking at your phone.
How to vibrate your Apple Watch
1. On your Apple Watch, press the digital crown on the right side of the device to access the home screen.
2. Tap the Settings app icon, which looks like a small silver cog.
3. Scroll down until you find the Sounds and Haptics menu and tap to open.
4. Under the Haptics heading, make sure the slider next to Haptic Alerts is green, indicating the feature is active.
5. Select the Prominent option just below to increase haptic feedback on your Apple Watch. The watch will then give you an example of the settings increased by vibrating as you change the option.
How to make your Apple Watch vibrate from your iPhone
You can also change the haptic appearance on your Apple Watch via your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone home screen, tap the Watch app icon to open it.
2. Tap the My Watch option on the menu bar that slides along the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the Sounds and Haptics option. Then, under the Haptics heading, make sure the alerts are set to Prominent. You will know this is active because a check mark will appear to the right of the option.