The ability to record Google Meet calls has many advantages. For example, a meeting recording can be shared later for use in training, to review project details, or to take notes on what has been discussed.
But not everyone can record a Google Meet call. Google Meet recordings can only be made by people within the same organization, a meeting organizer, or a teacher who uses Google Meet as a class.
Also, registration is usually limited to G-Suite Enterprise members. However, Google recently made this feature available to everyone until September 30, 2020.
That said, here’s how to record a Google Meet video call using any browser on your Mac or PC.
How to register a Google Meet
1. Start or join a meeting, then click the three dots in the lower right corner.
2. Click “Record Meeting” at the top of the pop-up.
3. Click “Accept” in the “Request Consent” pop-up window. Registration will begin.
4. To stop recording, click the three dots again.
5. Click on “Stop Recording” in the menu then confirm with “Stop Recording” in the pop-up.
To find the recorded Google Meet, go to the meeting organizer’s Google Drive and look for the “Meet Recordings” folder.