If you want to share gameplay footage from your gaming sessions with friends, your PlayStation 4 offers you basic recording capabilities and editing tools. It can also retroactively record the previous 15 minutes of play without you having to hit the highscore.
Here’s how to do it all.
How to record gameplay on PS4
Game recording on your PS4 can be done by pressing the button Share on the PS4 controller twice in quick succession. The recording can be stopped at any time by clicking the button twice again.
How to automatically save recorded gameplay on PS4
Your PlayStation 4 automatically records the last 15 minutes of gameplay and saves them in your device’s video cache.
1. Push the button Share on the PS4 controller. Push the button Share once. Pressing it twice will start a new recording and clear the cache.
2. Select Save video clips or press the button square on the controller.
How to edit and share recorded gameplay on PS4
1. From the PS4 home screen, select the Acquisition gallery .
2. Find and select the clip you want to share.
3. to press Options and select Cut .
4. Navigate through the timeline using the D-Pad on your controller until you find where you want the clip to start.
5. to press L2 . You can also press X and then select Start here .
6. Go to where you want the clip to end and press R2 . You can also press X and then select End here .
7. to press OK and select whether you want to save the trimmed version as a new clip or overwrite the existing one. Saving as a new clip will preserve the original, while overwriting will result in the loss of the original clip.
8. Now, select the clip in the Acquisition gallery and press the button Share on the controller. Select if you want to upload it to Twitter or YouTube and select Share to start uploading.