There are many great Alexa speakers on the market today, and these devices can be useful in many ways. This includes expanding control over any number of excellent Alexa compatible smart devices. Amazon has continued to improve its voice assistant over the years, including expanding the types of products it interacts with. From smart lights to microwaves and so many other things you can only use seasonally. You may want to remove smart home products from the Alexa app to reduce clutter or because you no longer use them. Regardless of why you remove them, we are here to help.
How to remove smart home products from the Alexa app
Removing smart home devices from Alexa setup is a relatively simple process. Whether you want to get rid of a smart plug or vacuum cleaner from integrating your smart home with Alexa, the steps are the same. Then we go.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Select Devices at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose one device category or swipe left and choose All devices
- Tap the device that you want to remove .
- Select the gear icon (⚙️) in the corner at the top right of the screen.
- Touch the icon of the basket (🗑️) in the corner at the top right of the screen.
- You choose DELETE to remove the device from the Alexa app.
After doing this, any device you choose to remove from the app will not only disappear by itself, but also any group or scene that contains it. So, in addition to no longer seeing the device in your Alexa app, it will no longer be accessible from your Echo devices as well. So if you like to control smart home devices with your voice on your Echo Dot or via widgets on the Echo Show 15 big screen, if you follow the steps above, those devices will also lose touch with smart home products. removed.