You need to save your private WhatsApp conversations on pc? Know that the app makes a daily backup at 2 am, storing the necessary files on the smartphone to keep a history up to 7 days, that is, we have a backup of the data on the mobile to see conversations up to a week ago.
But this is fine in case you want to recover something we have deleted. Maybe you don’t know that you can also schedule the type of backup from the app in order to save WhatsApp chats wherever you want.
Save WhatsApp conversations on PC via Google Drive
If we’ve been with that smartphone for one or several years and don’t want to lose the months and months chats we have with contacts, there is a way to do it, as you can save your chats and media files in Google Drive and thus be able to transfer your data in case of having a new terminal.
How to Backup WhatsApp to Drive
Actually, it’s quite easy to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone or Android.
If you don’t know how to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone or Android, read on to learn the detailed steps to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive easily.
Part 1. Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on Android
If you are using the app on an Android phone, you can easily save WhatsApp data to Google Drive. You can choose to manually backup your chats to Google Drive at any time or set up Google Backups on your Android phone to back up your WhatsApp data regularly.
Manual backup to Google Drive:
1. Open Whatsapp.
2. Touch Other options > Settings > Chat > Chat backup > BACKUP .
Set up Google Drive backups :
1. Open your WhatsApp app.
2. Touch Other options > Settings > Chat > Chat backup > Backup to Google Drive .
3. Select a backup frequency other than Never .
4. Select the Google account you want to back up your data to.
Note: If you don’t have a connected Google account, tap Add account when prompted and enter your login credentials.
5. Touch Back up to choose the network you want to use for backups.
Part 2. Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone
WhatsApp for iPhone only gives you the option to backup your messages to iCloud. And Google Drive can only be used to backup contacts, photos and calendars to iPhone. That said, it is impossible to directly get iPhone WhatsApp backup to Google Drive even if you have the Google Drive app for iOS.
If you still want to backup iPhone WhatsApp to Google Drive, you can try some indirect methods or rely on some third party tools. Here, we will take an example to show you how to backup WhatsApp on iPhone to Google Drive indirectly:
1. On your iPhone, open WhatsApp and tap Settings .
2. In the settings, find the option chat and proceed. Activate the slider ” Save to Camera Roll “. This will allow WhatsApp to save all photos and videos directly to the camera roll.
3. Open the Google Drive app on your iPhone and tap the button Settings > Backup .
4. Then go to the photos and tap the toggle switch to turn on automatic backup. Go back to the backup page, click START BACKUP to start backing up photos and videos to Google Photos.
How to restore WhatsApp data from Google Drive
To restore your WhatsApp messages from a backup, you just need to uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp app. After reinstalling, open the app and verify your phone number. Then WhatsApp will ask you to restore chat history from Google Drive. All you have to do is hit the “restore” button that pops up. WhatsApp will restore the last backup you received from Google Drive.
One thing you should note is that you need to use the same Google account that was used for the first time to back up WhatsApp data. And if you see a message saying that WhatsApp cannot detect any backups, you may need to double check your Google account.
Send a WhatsApp chat via email
The above helped us to have a backup of the conversations made by ourselves. But that backup is on Google Drive and we want a manageable digital copy of the chats. It’s time to export the backup to a .txt text file so that we can read them whenever we want. To do this:
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press More.
- Select Send chat via email.
- Choose Attach file or No file. This will create an email with the chat history in an attached file in .txt format.
Remember that if you select “Attach file”, the most recent media files will be attached to the email. By attaching files, you can export the last 10,000 messages. If you don’t attach files, you can export the last 40,000 messages. These restrictions are due to the maximum mail size.