If you’re looking for a way to personalize your phone, the wallpaper and lock screen are great places to start.
Live wallpapers, which stay put until you touch them, can be a more captivating way to change things up. But, depending on what device you have and the source of the wallpaper, the method you use will vary.
Here’s what you need to know to do it.
How to create an animated wallpaper
To create an animated wallpaper, simply choose a live photo and set it as your phone wallpaper. When you hold your finger on the lock screen, the live photo comes alive.
1. Go to your app Settings .
2. You choose Background .
3. Select Choose a new wallpaper .
4. To choose a live photo, tap Live in the options at the top of the screen, then choose a live photo.
5. Alternatively, you can also scroll down and tap yours Live Photos album, then select a live photo to use as wallpaper.
6. If you want, you can touch Tax and choose Set up screen lock or Set both for the new background.
You will need a third party app to set up a live wallpaper on an Android. Here’s how to do it using the app Video to Wallpaper :
1. Open the Background Videos app.
2. Tap the plus sign +, located in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Touch You choose, then select the desired video and tap Ok .
4. To select Apply then Ok to continue.
5. You choose Video on background from the list and then Set wallpaper .
6. Choose to apply the live wallpaper only to your home screen or to your home screen and lock screen.
How to convert video or GIF to live photo
If you have an iPhone and there are videos you want to turn into live wallpapers, you have options. However, you will need to convert those videos to live photos first. From there, you will be able to find the live photo in your library and set it as your wallpaper.
Convert TikTok Videos:
1. Open TikTok and go to the video you want to use.
2. Tap the icon Share which looks like a curved arrow.
3. Touch Live photo .
1. Open the GIPHY app and find the GIF you want to use.
2. Touch the three dots icon and choose Convert to Live Photo .
3. To select Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) or Save as Live Photo .
Convert videos with third party apps:
2. Select the desired video.
3. Use the tool at the bottom of the screen to trim the video to the desired length.
4. Choose your cover photo if you wish.
5. Touch Convert .