With FaceTime screen sharing, anyone using Apple’s video calling app can show everyone else what’s on their display. You can share almost anything, including photos, web pages, or another app.
How to share your FaceTime screen on an iPhone or iPad
1. Start a FaceTime call.
2. When you’re ready to share your screen, tap the button Share content at the top of the screen.
3. Touch Share my screen . You will see a short countdown and then your screen will be shared.
4. The other participants in the call should touch You open next to Participate in screen sharing to see what you are sharing.
5. You can now view any app or content you like. Everyone will now be able to see everything you see on your iPhone or iPad, with one important caveat: you can’t share any content that requires a subscription or purchase (including free trials).
To end the screen sharing session, tap the button again Share content .
How to share your screen in FaceTime on a Mac
To share your screen in FaceTime, you must be running MacOS Monterey 12.1 or later, and all attendees must be running MacOS 12.1 or later or iOS or iPadOS 15.1 or later.
1. Start a FaceTime call on your Mac.
2. During the call, open an app you want to share during the call.
3. In the menu bar, click the button FaceTime then click the button Screen sharing .
Now choose how you want to share. In the pop-up window, select Window or Screen a depending on whether you want to share a specific app window or the whole screen.
- Share the app window : to select Window move the mouse pointer over the app you want to view, then click Share this window .
- Share the whole screen : select Screen then move the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen and choose Share this screen .
To end the sharing session, click the button FaceTime in the menu bar, then click Stop sharing .