Although Shazam exists as its own music recognition app, you can also use the service within Snapchat.
If there’s a song playing nearby that you don’t know about, you can use Snapchat’s Shazam feature to quickly learn the title and artist. You will then have the option to view it in Apple Music or Spotify.
Once the song scan starts, you will be able to find a list of all the songs that you have identified in Snapchat settings.
Here’s how to Shazam a song on Snapchat, using the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
Like Shazam a song on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android and stay on the camera screen.
2. Press and hold your finger on the camera screen while the music plays in the background. Snapchat’s Shazam feature should be able to pick up sound using your device’s microphone and will show a moving cycle of musical notes and icons as you listen.
3. As soon as Shazam recognizes the song, a pop-up will appear with the cover art, song title and artist name. Tap the “Listen” option to open a music streaming app or the “Song Info” option to view more details. You can also tap on the three dots in the top right corner to share or send the song.
4. On the information page, you can play a preview of the song or scroll down to see the lyrics of the song. Scroll down to close the window.
5. You can also find the “Song Finder” option on the camera screen, among the filters. This Song Finder works the same way as using regular Shazam and will give you the same results.
Once you have shazamato a song, it will be added to a list of all the songs you have identified. To find that list:
How to see a list of songs you have Shazam on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the top left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of your profile page to open settings.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Shazam” in the list. Touch it.
4. This will open a list of all the songs you have recently Shazamed. Scroll through the list and tap a song to view its details, or swipe left to tap “Delete”. This will remove it from the list.