Google Docs offers essential features for creating reminders, customizing resumes, and editing essays.
A useful tool to help you edit your documents is the strikethrough function, which places a line through selected text. This allows the person who is editing the document to show what information needs to be deleted before publication, or it can be used stylistically to show a change of thinking when writing.
How to add a strikethrough on the Google Docs website
1. You open Google Docs in a browser and create a new document or select an existing one.
2. Highlight the text you want to strike through.
3. click on Format in the menu bar at the top of the page.
4. Hover your mouse over Text to view another drop-down menu.
5. To select Strikethrough to add a line through the highlighted text.
How to add a strikethrough on the Google Docs mobile app
1. Open the Google Docs app on your phone or tablet and select a document.
2. Touch the icon Pen at the bottom of the screen to start editing.
3. Double-tap to highlight a word or drag the slider to select multiple words.
4. Tap the icon Character (an A with lines next to it) in the menu at the top of the screen.
5. In the card Text touch the icon S. to perform a strikethrough.