WhatsApp is a popular messaging app used all over the world. Currently, WhatsApp has official apps for Android devices, Windows Phone, iPhone / iPad, Windows PC and macOS devices. But what about the Apple Watch? Apple Watch officially supports sending and receiving iMessages and text messages. Does it support WhatsApp? Check out the guide to learn more about how to use Whatsapp on Apple Watch in this post.
Is it possible to download WhatsApp on Apple Watch?
No. Currently, WhatsApp is not officially available for WatchOS, an operating system developed for Apple Watch.
However, you can get WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch with the help of the app Watch . You can also use third-party apps like Chatify, WatchChat 2, or IM + Watch ($ 2.99) to access WhatsApp on the watch.
How to receive WhatsApp notifications on Apple Watch
NOTE : Make sure Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone.
(1) Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
(2) In the section The my watch select Notification .
(3) Scroll down to WhatsApp Messenger and enable notifications if it’s off.
(4) You will now receive WhatsApp notifications on your watch.
Download IM + Watch to use WhatsApp on Watch Series 3, 4 and 5
First of all, you have to download the IM + Watch app on your Apple Watch to use WhatsApp. You can easily install it with the help of the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
(1) Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
(2) Click on the search menu and search for the IM + clock app.
It is a premium application and you need $ 2.99 to install it.
(3) After installation, the IM + Watch app icon will appear on your Apple Watch.
(4) Launch it and go to the on-screen instructions to get the QR code.
(5) Now open WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the icon Settings .
(6) Select WhatsApp Web / Desktop and scan the QR code displayed on Apple Watch.
(7) After a successful scan, you can use the IM + Watch app to send and receive WhatsApp messages from your wrist.
As we said before, instead of IM + Watch you can also use other apps like Chatify, WatchChat 2 or WatchUp. At the same time, we hope that Apple will release official WhatsApp support for WatchOS very soon.