If you use Microsoft Outlook for work on your computer or even the mobile app but will be out of the office for some time, setting up automatic email replies is an option. These allow you to notify people trying to contact you when, why and also how long you will be out.
If you want to make it easier for someone who emails you to know that communication will be delayed and who to contact while you’re away, setting up automatic replies is the way to go. The automatic replies will remain active until the end of the specified “out of office” period. If you choose not to determine a period, the automatic replies will remain active indefinitely until you deactivate them.
Here’s how to set up out of office reply in Outlook.
How to set up an out of office reply in Outlook
1. Click the gear icon located in the upper right corner of your Outlook inbox.
2. Select “View all Outlook settings”.
3. Choose “Automatic replies”.
4. Click the black and white slider next to “Enable automatic replies”.
5. Check the boxes next to the settings you want to enable for automatic replies.
6. Type an “out of office” message of your choice.
7. Click “Save”.