Your PlayStation 4 makes it easy to stream gameplay to sites like Twitch and YouTube. Once you’ve set up and linked your account to your PS, you can start streaming with just a tap.
How to stream to PS on Twitch or Youtube
If you want to stream on Twitch or YouTube with your PS, you need to link your accounts first.
Link your accounts to the PS
1. Using the controller, select “Settings”.
2. Select “Account Management”.
3. Select “Connect with other services”.
4. Choose the service you want to use: Twitch or YouTube.
5. Follow the login instructions. Both Twitch and YouTube make it easy to sign in with your existing account. However, you may need to use a computer or mobile device – Twitch, for example, asks you to enter a code into a web browser to confirm your identity and connect your PS.
Stream a game to your PS
1. Launch the game you want to stream.
2. Press the Share button on your controller. Don’t hold the button down, just tap it once.
3. Select “Cast Game”.
4. On the Broadcast Gameplay page, choose the streaming service you want to stream on: Twitch or YouTube.
5. Before you can start streaming, choose your video options. For example, you can give the stream a title and choose the quality of the video. You can also scroll down to invite friends to the stream. If you have a PlayStation Camera installed, you can also include live video of yourself in the stream.
6. Select “Start Transmission”.
You are now streaming video to the service you have selected.
How to stop streaming from your PS
1. When the transmission is complete, press the Share button on the controller again. The Share menu should appear sideways.
2. Select “Broadcast Settings”, then select “Stop Broadcast”.