Most social media feeds are almost absent-mindedly busy, filled with photos, videos, and text updates from friends and brands you follow. But Instagram is different – you can only watch one post at a time.
And while Instagram’s simple and clean interface makes it easy to focus on users ‘beautiful photography and interesting videos, it also leaves something to be desired: the ability to easily repost other users’ content.
But fear not: for every problem, the Internet has offered a solution. We tested four different ways to repost content on Instagram in a few simple steps. All of these methods are free, but some require you to first download an app from the iOS App Store or Google Play.
To repost someone else’s Instagram post, you must first get that person’s permission to reuse their content. Then, you can use an external app like Repost for Instagram, Instarepost, or DownloadGram. You can also take a screenshot of the photo with your mobile device.
Using Repost for Instagram
1. Download Repost for Instagram.
Download Repost for Instagram for iOS or Android . Both devices are compatible with this app, which integrates directly with Instagram so you can share content from other Instagram users from your mobile device.
2. Identify a photo or video to repost.
Open your Instagram app and find a photo or video you want to repost from your Instagram account. Tap your chosen photo from the original poster photo gallery to see it in full size, as shown below.
3. Copy the post’s share URL to your clipboard.
Once you are on the landing page of the photo or video, tap the “…” icon in the upper right corner of the post. Then, tap “Copy Share URL” (the button will look the same on Android devices).
4. Open Repost for Instagram.
Once the photo has been copied to your phone’s clipboard, open Repost for Instagram. The post you copied will automatically be on the app home page, as shown below.
Tap the arrow on the right side of the post. There you can change how you want the repost icon to appear on Instagram.
Tap “Republish”. Then, tap “Copy to Instagram”, where you can add a filter and edit the post.
5. Edit the post caption and share your repost.
Tap “Next”. If you’d like to include the original post caption, tap the caption field and press “Paste”, where the original caption will appear with a quote attributing your reposted photo to the original poster.
When you’re ready to share the post, tap “Share” like you would a regular Instagram post.
1. Download InstaRepost.
2. Allow InstaRepost to log into your Instagram account.
Open InstaRepost, log in using your Instagram credentials and authorize it to access photos, friends and similar content associated with your Instagram account.
3. Use InstaRepost to search for the username of the original poster.
InstaRepost will only show you a small selection from your Instagram feed. If you know what post you are looking for, tap the magnifying glass icon on the bottom toolbar of the InstaRepost app to access the Explore tab. Enter the username of the person whose photo you want to repost.
4. Save the photo to your phone’s camera roll.
Once you find a post you want to reshare, tap the arrow in the bottom right corner. Then, tap “Republish”, then “Republish” again. This will first save the photo to your mobile device’s native camera roll, where you can retrieve it in the Instagram app.
Go to your Instagram app and tap “Library”. You will see the post saved in your phone’s camera roll. Tap the photo to upload it to Instagram.
5. Add a filter and a quote and share your repost.
Add a filter and edit the post as you would any other. Then, select “Next” and tap the caption field to paste the original caption. The republication will not automatically include a quote, so we suggest you add one by typing “@ + [nome utente]”To credit the original poster of the content. Then, hit “Share”.
DownloadGram allows Instagram users to download high-resolution copies of Instagram photos and videos to repost from their accounts. Fortunately, there’s no need to download an app to repost using this process. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Instagram and find a photo or video to repost.
Open your Instagram app and find the post you want to repost. Tap the “…” icon in the upper right corner of the post and click “Copy Share URL” (this button will be the same for iOS and Android mobile devices).
2. Paste the post’s share URL into DownloadGram.
Open your mobile internet browser and go to DownloadGram or simply downloadgram.com. Paste the URL into the text box that appears on the website home page. Then, tap “Download”.
Tap the green “Download Image” button that appears further down the DownloadGram home page.
3. Download the post.
You will be directed to a new web page with the content ready for download. Tap the download icon, the box with an arrow pointing up, then tap “Save Image”.
4. Open Instagram and find the photo or video in your camera roll.
Go back to your Instagram app. The image will be saved to your phone’s native camera roll, so edit it as you would any other Instagram post.
5. Add a caption and share your repost.
The republication will not include a quote, so we suggest you add one by typing “@ + [nome utente]”To attribute the photo or video to the original poster. Then, hit “Share”. Here’s what the post looks like on your Instagram profile:
Take a screenshot
This method does not require anyone or any other website to be reposted on Instagram. It is worthless that this method only works for reposting photos, not videos. Here’s how to do it:
Find an Instagram photo you want to repost and take a screenshot with your phone.
- For iOS: Press the Home and Lock buttons at the same time until the screen flashes.
- For Android: Press the sleep / wake and volume down buttons at the same time until the screen flashes.
- Tap the new post button at the bottom center of the Instagram screen. Resize the photo so that it is cropped correctly in the Instagram photo editor.
- Edit and filter the post as you would any other Instagram post. Note that your phone will take a screenshot of everything on the screen, not just the photo you want to repost. So, be prepared to crop the sides of the screenshot to capture only the image you want to share with your followers.
- The republication will not include a quote, so we suggest you add one by typing “@ + [nome utente]”To attribute the photo you are reposting to the original poster. Then, hit “Share”. Here’s what the post looks like on your Instagram profile:
Now that you’ve learned how to repost on Instagram, you can diversify your profile with content from friends, family, and brands. Use the methods above – making sure you mention the source of the original post – to quickly and easily reshare your favorite content.
Looking for more ideas for sourcing and creating Instagram content for your brand?