With over 2 billion users per month, almost 1/4 of the world population uses WhatsApp. And for years it has been the queen of messaging apps and the typical application that is already installed by default on every new mobile you buy or is the first one you always download.
But after a long time of use, surely the chats are full of messages. So how do you find a specific part of a conversation?
Find a conversation on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has a search function within the options of each individual and group chat. And so can you find part of a conversation that refers to a specific topic, a word, a name, a birthday, etc. Just enter the word or phrase in searches and it will come up as many times as it is repeated. But there is another way: through multimedia content.
Let’s say you want to search for a conversation piece that you don’t remember well enough to use text search. Well, you can find it around a photo, video, or GIF you sent and that you have in your WhatsApp gallery. This is what you need to do:
- Open WhatsApp and access the specific chat of the contact or group
- Click the icon with the three vertical dots in the upper right corner to open the Chat Settings
- click on “Media, links and documents : the second option that starts at the top “
- Find the photo, video, GIF or document that you sent to the center of the conversation piece you are interested in retrieving.
- Open it to fill the entire screen for viewing. Now presses again Settings icon top right.
- You will get an option called Show in chat. Press it and you will go at the specific point of the conversation in you sent the file to.